Make a lasting impact on the Jameson Humane through your will, trust or other financial plan!
Exactly what is planned giving?
It is the process of making a contribution that is arranged and allocated at a future date commonly donated through a will or trust.
You have the power to make a lasting impact on the Jameson Humane through your will, trust or other financial plan. A well-planned gift communicates your legacy; it tells a story of what you hold as most important and valuable in your life and community. You gift will care for and save countless animals now and well into the future.
Benefits of Planned Gifts
There are many types of planned gift. From a fiscal perspective, the tax breaks are a huge advantage to making a planned giving arrangement. The specifics will vary according to a range of factors, so you’ll need to evaluate the possibilities on a case-by-case basis. You can make a current gift with appreciated securities, a deferred gift through a bequest, a life income gift through a charitable remainder trust, or reducing your taxable income by donating directly from your IRA.
Planned Giving Options
The charitable bequest is an official statement in a will, trust, or estate plan that designates a gift to a specific charity. Gift amounts are stated in three main ways in charitable bequests. A specific amount is the exact amount of money that you will give. A percentage amount is a percentage of what you will give (such as a percentage of your estate). A remainder amount is the leftover funds that Jameson Humane will receive once you have paid your other bequests.
A charitable remainder trust is a trust given to a charity that pays an annual amount to you, the trustee(s). Once the trust is complete, the charity receives the remaining funds.
In a charitable lead trust, the charity receives an annual amount from the trust fund, and the beneficiaries receive the remainder of the funds when the trust term ends.
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Jameson Humane and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to our organization this year and well into the future.
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
Real estate assets represent a significant portion of most people’s wealth, but nationwide, gifts of real estate make up less than 3% of charitable contributions every year. Donors are often unaware that a charitable gift of real estate can be a significantly tax-advantaged way to dispose of property.
Individuals with property that has significant long-term appreciation may be able to realize two tax benefits by contributing the property outright to charity:
- The donor may take the full fair market value tax deduction for the property.
- The donor may eliminate the substantial capital gains tax they would incur if the property was sold and the proceeds were donated.
We will work closely with you to develop a plan that is agreeable to you and to Jameson Humane. You will also need advice from your own tax, financial, and legal advisors to make sure you are optimizing the tax and financial benefits associated with your gift.
A gift of life insurance for the benefit of Jameson Humane may take many forms. The following five are accepted by Jameson Humane:
- Give an existing paid-up policy by changing the owner and the beneficiary to Jameson Humane.
- Give an existing policy on which the donor is still paying premiums and name Jameson Humane as the irrevocable owner and beneficiary.
- Purchase a new policy, transferring all incidents of ownership to Jameson Humane.
- Name Jameson Humane as beneficiary or as a co-beneficiary to share in the policy proceeds with another beneficiary.
To proceed with or find out more about any of these options, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.