Animal Care Resources
I need to report/ I found...
If you have lost or found a pet:
- Napa, American Canyon, and unincorporated areas of Napa County call the Napa County Animal Shelter – 707.253.4382.
- Yountville, call the Napa County Sheriff’s Department Yountville substation- 707.944.9228.
- St. Helena, call the St. Helena Police Department – 707.967.2850.
- Calistoga, call Petaluma Animal Services Foundation – 707.778.7387
To report a dog running at-large, an injured dog or cat, or an animal in distress:
- Napa, the City of American Canyon, and the unincorporated areas of Napa County call Napa County Animal Services – 707.253.4517.
- Yountville, call the Napa County Sheriff’s Department Yountville substation – 707.944.9228.
- St. Helena call the St. Helena Police Department – 707.967.2850.
- Calistoga call Petaluma Animal Services Foundation – 707.778.7387
To report an injured possum, skunk, squirrel, fox, hawk, or other wild animal in distress:
- Please call 707-224-HAWK (4295) or visit the Napa Wildlife Rescue at https://www.napawildliferescue.org/
To report a deceased animal on a roadway:
City Street in…
- American Canyon call American Canyon Recycle and Disposal – 707.552.3110.
- Napa call the City of Napa Public Works Department -707.257.9520.
- Yountville, call the Yountville Public Works Department – 707.944.2655.
- St. Helena call the City of St. Helena Public Works Department – 707.968.2658.
- Calistoga call the Calistoga Police Department -707.942.2810.
- Highway in Napa County, call Caltrans – 707.253.4919.
- Anywhere in the unincorporated areas of Napa County call Napa County Animal Services – 707.253.4517.
However, if it is a deceased deer on a road in the unincorporated areas of Napa County call the County of Napa County Roads Department – 707.944.0196.
Cost of veterinary care too high?
If you need assistance with paying for veterinary care for your pet, CAAP's grant program can help. Complete a Community Animal Assistance Grant Application to apply. All grantees are considered for up to 100 dollars, maximum. Grants are paid directly to your veterinarian. Please note that all applicants must apply for CareCredit and provide documentation that they have been denied credit. If you already have CareCredit and your account is maxed out, provide that documentation to us as well.
Click this link to apply for veterinary financial assistance.
Additional options for veterinary fee assistance:
Napa Humane offers highly reduced fees for qualifying income eligible pet owners.
Their program allows all Napa County residents to have access to affordable spay/neuter services. To view their fees and request an appointment, please go to https://napahumane.org/our-work/spayneuter-vaccinations-microchipping/clinic-fees/.
Tips and tricks to behavior training with your animal can be found on our website.
We also recommend using the following resources to find what works best for you and your pet.
If you need financial assistance with behavior training for your pet, please fill out our Community Animal Assistance Program (CAAP) Grant Application here.
Moving and need financial assistance with your Pet Rental Deposit?
We can help with pet deposits. Complete a CAAP Grant Application here to apply.
Pet Food & Supplies
Napa County Residents:
If you are in need of pet food for your animal, please view our community calendar for upcoming food drives that also offer pet food - Jameson Humane Community Calendar. Alternately, check our Napa County partners community food distribution sites here.
Lake County Residents:
The following resources in Lake County can help with pet food for domestic and community animals. and may be able to give advice on dealing with ferals, especially newborns.
- Clearlake Senior Center 707-994-3051
- Animal Coalition of Lake County 707-533-7158
If you are not local:
Please complete a Community Animal Assistance Grant application by clicking here.
If the above does not suit you, or you are not local to Napa or Lake Counties please contact Jameson Humane Helpline: